Fundraising for upgrades

0
2026

By Ryann Heinlen

During the most recent RSVP meeting on Feb. 9, Sarah Baron, 12, and Sam Giannantonio, 11, update the representatives on the Nevada Big Give fundraiser. Photo by Ryann Heinlen

Raising Student Voices and Participation (RSVP) is holding a fundraiser on Thursday, March 10 through the Nevada’s Big Give. The program is collecting donations for student-led projects that will create an upgraded technology center and hand dryers in the bathrooms.

Students founded RSVP at the beginning of this year, asking for one representative from each third period class to meet and brainstorm ideas that will provide a greater environment for students, teachers, and staff.

“I believe that the most important part of RSVP is listening to the students’ voices and trying to go something about their concerns,” senior Sarah Baron, RSVP president, said.

Representatives in each third period asked students what changes they would like to see around campus and to rank those ideas on importance. After retrieving those ideas, the representatives came together and decided which ideas were feasible and which ones the student body considered most important.

After brainstorming, students met with Mrs. Delgado and Mr. Piccinnini to discuss how they could make these ideas reality.

One of the suggestions, changing the individual and pre-cut pieces of toilet paper to rolls in the school bathrooms, has already begun.

“I think this is a really beneficial program for the school, and it’s nice to know that ideas we came up with or concerns we voiced are leading to change,” Alex Hird, senior, said.

Students, teachers, and staff who wish to donate to the movement for an upgraded technology center and hand dryers in the bathrooms can go to nvbiggive.razoo.com and search for “Coronado” in the search bar.